BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I think that changed something to lower the seat a little around 2005...I think you can put the new set on the older bike but not the other way around..But the cover??? :wave

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,357 Posts
Since this source is selling in GBP it is for the face lift European bikes which is our 05 and up and yes it was a narrower seat.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A quick update. I ordered the leather seat cover and it came less than 10 days later. I stappled it and it is a perfect fit and looks really good. For about $85 dollars shipped I now have a a beautiful new looking leather seat. I will probably do the same with the rear seat. Just wanted to share my experience.
Here again is the link
Black Stitch Custom Fits BMW K 1200 Lt 04 07 Front Leather Seat Cover | eBay

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you remove the old cover or install on top of it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you remove the old cover or install on top of it?
I put it on top of the old cover which was also leather. I tried the heated seat and the heat still go through ok but takes a bit more time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not trying to completely hijack your thread here, but for those of you that have swapped out the stock seat for an aftermarket, Corbin or other, are you completely satisfied with the change? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Not trying to completely hijack your thread here, but for those of you that have swapped out the stock seat for an aftermarket, Corbin or other, are you completely satisfied with the change? Thanks.
Absolutely. Although I still have the LT, I bought a new GTLE and have a ride-in build date for a Russell Day Long in early October - great seat and your butt will thank you! :bmw:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts