BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we near the delivery of our K1600's (just received a note from the dealer asking for a $1,000 deposit by March 11th) I was just curious if anyone has had any serious discussions with their dealer negotiating the price, including extra equipment, or special financing and how you made out. With the economy the way it is it seems prudent to at least try for a better deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
I'm sure any dealer would want some "earnest" money before actually ordering you a bike...

I certainly would.

As for negotiations, I'm sure you'll pay whatever the dealer says the price is.. Or you'll not be getting your motorcycle...

You can be sure there will be no negotiations...Maybe in a few years,, If they don't sell well...

Good Luck...:wave

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
rdrunner said:
As we near the delivery of our K1600's (just received a note from the dealer asking for a $1,000 deposit by March 11th) I was just curious if anyone has had any serious discussions with their dealer negotiating the price, including extra equipment, or special financing and how you made out. With the economy the way it is it seems prudent to at least try for a better deal.
Really?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Negotiations?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mr. Buyer X puts money down on a bike that he hasn't even sat on yet, and now he's going to negotiate with the dealer?!?! :rotf: :histerica :rotf: :histerica :rotf: :histerica

That! Is!! RICH!!! :histerica :D :histerica :D :histerica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May not have sat on the bike but I know the price and what equipment comes with it. Also have a bike on order that I'm not obligated to buy if there is anything I dont like about it. Dealer doesnt care about the hype...he just wants to sell the bike. Not everyone has 26 grand to spend on a luxury item these days so it seems he may be open to some concessions to make the sale whether its price, equipment, (some have said a gps was included in the deal) warranty, maintenance, special financing etc. Just wanted to see if anyone on this forum who has actually placed a preorder has had any serious discussions regarding the above. Dont be so "sure" that negotiations are out of the question!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
rdrunner said:
May not have sat on the bike but I know the price and what equipment comes with it. Also have a bike on order that I'm not obligated to buy if there is anything I dont like about it. Dealer doesnt care about the hype...he just wants to sell the bike. Not everyone has 26 grand to spend on a luxury item these days so it seems he may be open to some concessions to make the sale whether its price, equipment, (some have said a gps was included in the deal) warranty, maintenance, special financing etc. Just wanted to see if anyone on this forum who has actually placed a preorder has had any serious discussions regarding the above. Dont be so "sure" that negotiations are out of the question!
I'll bet you can get them to throw in some floor mats, but that's about it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I negotiated too. With the very simple argument... Yes, I will buy the bike at list price. But if I am happy customer with all things considered, including price, I will come back for more. Not doing a trade-in on this purchase though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
149 Posts
rdrunner said:
May not have sat on the bike but I know the price and what equipment comes with it. Also have a bike on order that I'm not obligated to buy if there is anything I dont like about it. Dealer doesnt care about the hype...he just wants to sell the bike. Not everyone has 26 grand to spend on a luxury item these days so it seems he may be open to some concessions to make the sale whether its price, equipment, (some have said a gps was included in the deal) warranty, maintenance, special financing etc. Just wanted to see if anyone on this forum who has actually placed a preorder has had any serious discussions regarding the above. Dont be so "sure" that negotiations are out of the question!
In my deal I got them to throw in the first service (who knows how much that one will be) and discounts on a new helmet (Schuberth), the GPS, and one riding outfit (which will probably just be the new boulder jacket and maybe the rallye 3 pants). The discounts are nothing more than what I would get at their open house, though.

I think if I went back in for more now they'd tell me to pound sand and sell it to the new guy on the list. I don't think they will have any problems moving bikes out of the initial allocation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
My negotions were also simple. Here is $1000.00 refundable if I do not like the bike. I am now first on the dealers list with 8 others behind me. Anything else will come at time of purchase. I will get the Nav 4 and the trunk light as well as pressing them for the breakin service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotta agree with the last couple posters....Even though not getting a "deal" isn't a deal breaker for me (especially with this bike), it's fun to rattle the dealers chain a little to get a few things thrown in...why not?
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
I know the price of the bike is set in stone but I like the other ideas of discounted accessories or service. I'll go see If I can get my Dealer to laugh me out of the shop when I ask for something FREE . :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
My dealer offers a discount on extras bought within a few weeks of the bike purchase, so I will be looking at the Garmin and possibly some BMW System 6 helmets, which are available in Canada. I know this, I have tried one on, and it felt great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
iride4u said:
My negotions were also simple. Here is $1000.00 refundable if I do not like the bike. I am now first on the dealers list with 8 others behind me. Anything else will come at time of purchase. I will get the Nav 4 and the trunk light as well as pressing them for the breakin service.
I thought the top box brake light came with the GTL package?"???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Negotiations?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mr. Buyer X puts money down on a bike that he hasn't even sat on yet, and now he's going to negotiate with the dealer?!?! :rotf: :histerica :rotf: :histerica :rotf: :histerica

That! Is!! RICH!!! :histerica :D :histerica :D :histerica

why not? Price is known, start there and work down. How bout some free service thrown in, or a GPS? That seems reasonable.

F
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
16,554 Posts
It is reasonable, and a common way for a dealer to move bikes.

But this is the new hot seller and the pre-order program has waiting lists longer than initial bike allotments, so every GT and GTL coming through the first batch will get sold.

It is also reasonable if a dealer wants to maintain good customer loyalty, but that street runs both ways. So I'm guessing if your dealer knows you from other bike purchases and regular parts and service transactions, you might have some small success here.

Otherwise . . .
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top