BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 LT with the gel battery. I keep the BMW charger on the bike all the time I am not using it. The unit is about 1.5 yrs. old. This afternoon I arrived to find " no green light"...not even a red one! I checked the wall socket..it's OK..I reinstalled the plug into the bike...nothing. Did the charger have a heart attack. My bike cranked fine and the battery seems to be OK. Any thoughts. And if it is the charger, where do you send it to have it fixed? I didn't see any warranty in the BMW bubble pack. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
ronlray said:
I've got a 2004 LT with the gel battery. I keep the BMW charger on the bike all the time I am not using it. The unit is about 1.5 yrs. old. This afternoon I arrived to find " no green light"...not even a red one! I checked the wall socket..it's OK..I reinstalled the plug into the bike...nothing. Did the charger have a heart attack. My bike cranked fine and the battery seems to be OK. Any thoughts. And if it is the charger, where do you send it to have it fixed? I didn't see any warranty in the BMW bubble pack. Thanks, Ron
Hi, Ron - if the op-manual for the charger doesn't say anythang about a possible fuse blowing in the unit, and no one else here has a solution, then I'd do the following.

I think Deltran outta Florida makes the BMW branded battery charger. They are the manufacturers of the Deltran Battery Tender and Battery Tender Plus. You might give them a call and describe your symptoms and see if they have any experience with that problem. I believe we have a web-link in the accessories pages for Deltran/Battery Tender. Good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm going to add insult to injury: Deltran offers a 10 year warranty and BMW only offers 12 months :mad:

·
Registered
855 Posts
ronlray said:
Can't really speak to your BMW charger, but if it's anything like the Battery Tender or Battery Tender Jr. you should take a look at the connector for the cord extension. I've had both the in line plug quit making contact (simply pry the male side open enough to make contact), & the BMW adaptor fail (it unscrews & you can re-fasten the loose wire). In every case I got either a steady green, or no light at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts