BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a pair of Titanium Silver saddle bags for my LT, what was shipped to me were the left and right side saddle bag covers as well as the plastic saddle bag piece itself. No handles. So I replaced the right side of my LT with the new assembly, lots of screws to come out, trunk, and off course had to take out the handle and put it on the new assembly.

All that worked out very well, the right side of my LT was scratched up pretty good, so I am happy.

Now here is the question. The left side assembly(saddle bag cover) I purchased is actually in BETTER shape than my current one so I want to replace that as well, BUT the heat shielding material on mine is perfect on the one I bought is loose (falling off actually). So what I want to do is replace the actuall saddle bag cover only(the Titanium Silver part, well and the handle off course) I noticed that the hinges are closed in by a the same stuff that makes the loops, its sort just bent in place holding the pin. If I dremel that out I can remove the pin and now I have the cover in my hand. Dremel the one on my bike and replace tham. Now WHAT IN THE WORLD can I use to keep that pin in place since I "dremeled" (new word) the tap off. a screw?, a piece of solder.

Any ideas would be great

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Why not use some 3M super 77 and glue the heat shield back on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts