BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Diana, and I work with BMW, Indian, and Slingshot Woodlands located in Shenandoah, TX (just North of Houston). I hope this doesn't come across as spam (as this is not about sales). We just wanted to reach out briefly...

To everyone who has braved this unprecedented storm in the Houston area, lost their family and homes...we are praying and thinking of all of you!

We are still not free from Harvey, and we are coordinating relief efforts to make sure that people get what they NEED. Please see the list for items below that we are accepting that will go to the Montgomery County Food Bank.

We will be accepting donations, starting today, during business hours and up until 2:00PM on Saturday, 9/2, (for this first drop off) to make sure we deliver everything to the Montgomery County Food Bank by 3:00PM.

Additionally, all of our upcoming events will benefit the victims and volunteers of Harvey! All of these events are FREE and open to the public! We are looking forward to providing warm meals and friendship to all those who wish to attend!

This weekend (September 2nd), we will be making hot dogs for our customers and the Woodlands Firefighters to show our support and appreciation for their service! These gentlemen have been working around the clock and spending time away from their own families to help. If you are in the area or passing through, please feel free to stop by, grab some lunch, and donate if you're able!

We'll be providing more details throughout the week via social media and motorcycle forums.

Upcoming Events:
Saturday - September 2nd (Complimentary Lunch & Accepting Relief Items)
Saturday - September 15 & 16 (Indian Motorcycle Demo Event & Fundraiser)
Saturday - September 30th (Complimentary Breakfast in the AM & Benefit Ride in the PM)

We are located at: 198 Ed English Dr, Shenandoah, TX 77385
Phone: 936.271.7600

ITEMS NEEDED:

FOOD
Bottled water
Peanut butter
Canned meat/protein
Canned fruits and vegetables
Canned stews, soups, chilies
Dry cereal
Easy to open snacks
Baby formula
Ready to eat produce if distributed quickly (oranges, apples)
Fruit cups
**Any other ready to eat items, pop-top cans preferred

PERSONAL CARE ITEMS
Tooth Brushes
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Shampoo
Conditioner
Baby Wipes

CLEANING SUPPLIES

Buckets
Mops
Bleach
Paper Towels
Toilet Paper
Laundry Detergent
Rubber Gloves
Face Dust/Particle Masks

I do apologize if this is not something I should post, but we wanted to get the word out to as many people as we can! We appreciate any help you can give to the relief effort! Please share! God bless!

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
Yesterday I donated to the Houston Food Bank because I tend to stay away from the larger national charities that have such high overhead. I prefer to give locally where the money seems to go so much farther. Thank you for what you are doing to make a difference to the people of Southeastern Texas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank YOU for your help! :) If you are ever traveling through the area, please stop by the dealership and say hello!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well done! I'm originally from South Louisiana, my parents, several friends, and my God-daughter and her family all live in Houston... It's been a long week for all of them. Unfortunately several of their houses have sustained significant damage, but all are safe which is all that's important.

Having grown up dealing with Hurricanes, etc I was always active in search and rescue efforts especially high water rescue prior to leaving and relocating, I haven't felt this level of guilt not being there and not helping physically since Katrina.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cayenne,

I'm so sorry to hear about your family! I'm so glad they're safe!

Thank you for your past efforts, as well. Seeing all the brave and selfless souls coming down the highway with their boats, helping out at shelters, and coming together is AMAZING! My prayers are with you and your family! Please keep us updated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.