BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought all you good folks would like to see a picture of an Actual OEM Harley Davidson part on a K1200lt. I personally think it looks great at less than half the price of the Fort worth rack.
Joe

Attachments

Reactions: ProfSnape

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Nicely done, just be careful about what you put on it for a few weeks. In a pinch, I went to a HD shop and bought a nice chrome HD banjo bolt after stripping one of mine out while doing my Spieglers and she didn't want to stop right for weeks in rebellion and that was only a banjo bolt. No telling how she will react to a full blown rack!!!!

>:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to add, that this cost WAY less than what the LT and Fort worth racks cost. I just looked again, and they all average 300 bucks. I paid a total of 75.00 from Ebay. Brand new..

Reactions: ibbones

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I ordered one too, slow getting here, just like a Harley!

What did you use for the added spacers?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Thanks BeermerJoe.

Being lazy, what size screws did you end up using?

Wonder if there isn't a single length spacer rather than having two pieces?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alabrew: Actualy, you don't want to use 2 spacers. The bottom one fits so nicely. just order the ones i showed you, and superglue them together.. They look great once installed..
As far as the screws, M6-1.0x75 countersunk screw is the perfect size, but good luck finding some. I ended up getting M6-1.0x100, and cut it down.
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts