BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Turkey Day from Up on Cripple Creek!

I went for a little winter ride a few days ago...Temperatures dipping to 33 F, heated grips and seat to the rescue..There is something majestic about riding a motorcycle and seeing snow covered peaks all around you. ( I apologize for those who live in Margararitaville and have to suffer with heat all the time, lol) The peaks in the background are the northern edge of the Sangre De Cristos in Colorado.

Who else has some cool winter scenery to get us ready for winter riding???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Nice pictures...It help me to remember why we are leaving for Margararitaville tomorrow:wave

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, keep the snow where it belongs and it sure ain't here! :rotf:

·
Registered
675 Posts
As a snowmobiler I am grateful for the snow! Besides continuing to ride it gives me a chance to work on my bike without missing out on riding!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice pictures. Glad you enjoyed the ride. Love it here in florida and still I am thankfull I don't have to shovel snow this months of the year to get out. But Shure is a great experience to go out and ride in those temperatures with those views as well. Happy turkey day to you as well. From Tampa, Florida. BE SAFE IF YOU ARE DEEPFRYING THAT BIRD!!!!! :wave

·
Registered
260 Posts
ColoradoGrant said:
Happy Turkey Day from Up on Cripple Creek!

I went for a little winter ride a few days ago...Temperatures dipping to 33 F, heated grips and seat to the rescue..There is something majestic about riding a motorcycle and seeing snow covered peaks all around you. ( I apologize for those who live in Margararitaville and have to suffer with heat all the time, lol) The peaks in the background are the northern edge of the Sangre De Cristos in Colorado.

Who else has some cool winter scenery to get us ready for winter riding???
4 inches of snow 3 days ago... now wet and warm in high 40's.

Haven't put the bike away in 2 years.

I was there this summer in CC for a Colorado Pass tour, loved it!

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Also from overseas a happy Thanksgiving to you all of you.

Is to warm and to dry over here. Usually we have some nasty weather at this time of the Year but nothing this Year.

Here some Pic's of the Rine river. Almost half of that what it should be. Ships cant make a full load anymore because the water isn't deep enough.

This Sandbank to the right of the river is normaly under water

This is my LT on the river with almost no water.

Manfred

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving and have a nice winter up there in the Rockies. We'll see you next summer if we can get up that way. You live up there and ride down here. We live down here and ride up there. Ain't life grand............ :histerica

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks Manfred...do y'all have some sort of holiday around now? We're going through a pretty bad drought, also. Have a happy day and best wishes.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Some pix from a group ride over the Cascade mountains to Winthrop WA......Oh yea, a little wasting away in margaritaville when the surf was just right!! :cool: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Happy Turkey Day to All!!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pictures guys! I have to say I am not happy about the low water level of the Rhine river though. A trip up and or down the river is one of the things on my bucket list. There better be some water left when my kids get out of college!

Aint Life Grand...a great song by Widespread Panic, ooh yeah. This is on my "Riding Tunes" playlist. (The intro is a bit long on this Utube video, but once it gets going..bmw: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-t45ixZEE&feature=related

1 - 11 of 11 Posts