BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On this Holiday weekend please remember to give thanks for our many blessings and to give help to those in need....Have a Safe Holiday.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
FrankNitti said:
On this Holiday weekend please remember to give thanks for our many blessings and to give help to those in need....Have a Safe Holiday.
I'll second that, Benny. And backatcha with the Safe Holiday greeting. Best always.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
I Agree!!! Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for. Also remember the men & women still over seas protecting us so we may have a Peaceful Holiday. :wave

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
This is going to be a very special Thanksgiving for me this year. On 11/12/12 I ended up racing a '49 Frigidaire down some outside iron steps of an old Charleston SC house where my daughter lives. By the grace of God, the fridge jammed on the second to the last step to let me win the race. I was within blocks of Medical University of SC where surgeons spent 5.5 hours putting me back together the next day. My injuries, while serious, are limited to my right arm and right leg. Head and all organs intact and functioning. Will be prone at least through 2012 but will walk again and regain use of right hand. So much to be thankful for :bowdown:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Jeff, Sammie & I so glad to hear you are on the way to recovery. We will pry for a full & speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
5 and1/2 hours in surgery?!!! Thats some serious OR time!! And that's equal to an 11 pound turkey roasted up, ain't it?!!! Course turkey and trimmings taste good no matter eaten with left or right hand! Good grief, Jeff - glad you didn't have to share the podium with the fridge!! Get full recovery from the race - and soon. Best to ya.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Jeff! You ok man?

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.... :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Hey I'm alive and will recover, that's what counts.

pkpr1998 said:
Jeff! You ok man?

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.... :D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff...here's for a speedy recovery.....

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Jeff, it sounds like you are on the road to recovery, albeit a long and difficult one. I'm sure we don't have to remind you to do as the doctors, therapists, etc. say! Take it slow and easy and no more foot-races with William Perry (the Refrigerator, remember him? :D ) Next time ride it down like a bobsled! :histerica

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who makes this asylum what it is! :wave

·
Registered
747 Posts
+ 10 to everyone.

RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hope you all have a blessed and thankful day!

Here's a pic of a turkey my nephew raised for this special occasion - 40 pounds! The one in the plastic is 24.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I'm thankful this Thanksgiving for the addition of our first grandchild, Mariah. Who's only request was that me and Honey Bunny take turns kissing and hugging her.

Also grateful for the mighty men and women of our Armed Forces. And I'm thankful for BMW making the LT, as it was my inspiration for beginning riding back in 99.

Greg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts