BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the holiday season, I took my combination "childhood-idol" and "extra-warm-outfit" costume for a ride on the K12LT this weekend. Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing, and I saw several people laughing with [or at] me. I figured I'd share the wealth with you guys, my cycle buddies...

Final 2-day tally (~4 hours of riding):
tons of smiles/laughs
dozens of waves
several horn honks
5 thumbs up (from 4 people, one lady gave both thumbs up)
1 photograph taken by passer-by on freeway
1 middle finger

Winnie the Pooh

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Did the same thing with my (bad) Elvis wig and sun glasses today. :cool:

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Is that the new Aerostitch Hi-Viz riding suit? Sure sounds like you got noticed, and I bet it was a whole lot warmer than these guys.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
rjhammetter said:
In light of the holiday season, I took my combination "childhood-idol" and "extra-warm-outfit" costume for a ride on the K12LT this weekend. Needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing, and I saw several people laughing with [or at] me. I figured I'd share the wealth with you guys, my cycle buddies...

Final 2-day tally (~4 hours of riding):
tons of smiles/laughs
dozens of waves
several horn honks
5 thumbs up (from 4 people, one lady gave both thumbs up)
1 photograph taken by passer-by on freeway
1 middle finger

Winnie the Pooh
So, I suppose you have a Santa outfit ready for use in December as well!:D
A piece of advice: Do not wear a Barney costume at any time! People have been known to hate the dino and might throw things at you!:D
For Summer a Flintstone outfit will provide some needed ventilation... but you must ride a Harley!:rotf:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

I don't think that counts as ATGATT, but we'll let you off the hook... just this once!

·
Registered
210 Posts
In the spirit of Halloween (yeah, that's the reason I did it...) I went out this weekend and picked up something with the appropriate color scheme. Guess I know what I'll be riding to work on Tuesday!

Tom

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts