BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mentioned this in another thread I'd started, but thought I should start a new one to share my excitement. Picked up a new to me 2002 K1200LT on Saturday. Went down to Gina's BMW to look at the KLT and an RRT. Liked both, but the KLT is a better fit for me. Gina put together a good deal in trading my 00 Triumph Sprint ST. I'd heard good things about Julius and Gina, those were completely confirmed.

Not planning any immediate farkles, just want to put a few thousand miles on her yet this fall. It's a KLT-E, in mauve metalic. My wife likes the color better than the blue one I'd also been looking at, so that's a plus.

Thanks for all the information I gleaned from the site prior to my purchase, and thanks in advance for what I'm sure I will learn in the future.

Safe riding,

IASPRINT

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I bought my 02 new and have never regretted it. Sometimes I think of trading her for something a little lighter like an RT (my knee's just aren't what they used to be) but I can't give up the riding pleasure I get. You should really love the ride your getting into. There should be some threads here about how to handle the low speed weight, but the one I use most is - keep the rpm's up and use the clutch when maneuvering at low speeds. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Great choice, I still think you should have cut a deal on both bikes :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Tim from a former Reinbeckien.....I sent you a mail

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Tim from a former Reinbeckien.... I sent you a PM