BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 72 and in the tenth year of ownership of my 2000 k1200 lt. I've been riding on and off since 1962, if you count the Vespa 125 and Lambretta 150 I owned to begin my two wheel adventure. I've owned and ridden many motorcycles since then, but none compares with my LT. I am still amazed at its smooth, reliable, comfortable performance and awesome handling characteristics. I still ride hard. Push my bike into corners so that I'm usually scraping something or close to it. I've ridden at Deals Gaps several times. I don't baby her. And the way she responds is still mind boggling to me. She only has 109k miles, 72k of those are mine. So, at my age she'll probably be the last bike I own, since she shows no signs of age or reduced performance. Honestly, I often think as I am riding her with a big smile across my face, this must be one of the best motorcycles every made. I have not ridden the 1600. Am sure I'd love it. But, it's not in the budget, at least not in my wife's version of the budget. Still, no matter what mood I'm in when I go out to ride my LT(Roxie), as soon as I am riding out of the driveway, I'm happy. And it's then that I realize how completely and beautifully she fills my motorcycling needs. It's hard to imagine that I could be happier on any new bike I replaced her with. Sure, some would be more powerful and have a higher top end, etc. But all in all, I don't think they could make me any happier with my motorcycling experience than Roxie. No bike is perfect. But, damn, I find it hard to find her flaws. Thanks, BMW, for making such a great motorcycle. Thanks a million.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well said. I have had my 2007 for nine years and that bike can always turn a frown upside down. Happy riding

1 - 2 of 2 Posts