BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another "Econofarkle" I made for mounting the camera and GPS. Inside diameter of U bolt is 3 inches and I wrapped the handlebar with a strip of inner tube for protection and grip. Torqued just enough to pinch and not compress the plastic housing. Also slipped some rubber gas line on to the U bolt for better grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Samir, I hope you never go down with an open faced helmet on... you'll have a GPS Smile and an Digital f 2.8 Eye. :histerica

It's your Office though... Arrange it like you like it! :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tconnell said:
Samir, I hope you never go down with an open faced helmet on... you'll have a GPS Smile and an Digital f 2.8 Eye. :histerica

It's your Office though... Arrange it like you like it! :D
I hope I never go down --Period and Ameen. But based on your description--that would be an improvement

·
Registered
34 Posts
Samir said:
Another "Econofarkle" I made for mounting the camera and GPS. Inside diameter of U bolt is 3 inches and I wrapped the handlebar with a strip of inner tube for protection and grip. Torqued just enough to pinch and not compress the plastic housing. Also slipped some rubber gas line on to the U bolt for better grip.
I have on my r1100s a ram ball fused into a clutch reservoir cover..... I run my quest on this with the short ram arm. Sorry I can't show pictures. But the cover looks identical to the LT. It is a very neat solution. I purchased this cover so it was not a hack by me.

My picture hosting site, imagecave.com seems to have gone belly up!!!!! Drat!

Stuart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just testing if this image has appeared.

Samir.... Here is the picture.... Not very good but the ball is attached to the cover at the extreme right as you sit on the bike.

Stuart

·
Registered
34 Posts
Samir said:
Stuart: Do you remember where you found that mount for the resivoir?
I think I may still have the paperwork.... I will try and dig it out and let you know.

Stuart

·
Registered
34 Posts
Samir said:
Stuart: Do you remember where you found that mount for the resivoir?
So Sorry Samir..... I just cannot find the paperwork and cannot remember the details. It was definitely a company who majored in RAM products... This was just one part of a whole host of RAM components.

so sorry.... This is a better picture if you go looking.

This is still on my R1100S, but I have put on raised bars.... The back can't take the strain any more?!!

Stuart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts