BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R1200RT, Premium package
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went ahead and did what did what GSinNC and tvguy recommended and used the bar clamps and mirrors off an RNineT. I turned the yoke to max each way to set the angle when mounting, so they don"t contact the windshield. Let me tell you, the difference in visibility is phenomenal. I'm 5'11" and the handlebar mirrors sit just above and slightly to the left of the fairing mirrors. The almost act as an extension of the fairing mirrors. I can see other vehicles move from one mirror to the other when passing or being passed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used the mirrors off an RNineT, but if that aesthetic doesn't suit you, the oval mirrors off a GS work too. The clamps are the same in the parts fiche.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does it mean you have to reposition the switch binacle to acquire the width of the clamp? And if so what about the hand grips?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here’s my mirror brackets purchased from eBay guninventor. My setup includes the extenders.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I had a camhead RT (2012) and the OEM handlebar furniture had threaded holes so it was just a matter of screwing the GS mirrors into the existing holes. Huge improvement in visibility, I found the fairing mirrors were largely hidden by my hands so with addition of the GS mirrors I could finally see!

Pity some clown rear-ended me and totaled the bike about 3 months after I got it :mad:. When I got a wethead RT I was annoyed to find that BMW had removed the hole*. Also removed the nice tankbag rails. Oh, well.

*Since a hole is the absence of material, is it proper to talk about removing one? There's nothing there in the first place, is it even possible to remove nothing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice set up, Live-a-little. I don't have the auxiliary drive lights pro, so didn't need any aftermarket parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts