BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Spiegler lines on handle bar on right side of bike is causing alignment issues with mounting screws. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? Does anyone have an idea on how to get the covers to line up without undoing the brake line and readjusting it?

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
New Spiegler lines on handle bar on right side of bike is causing alignment issues with mounting screws. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue? Does anyone have an idea on how to get the covers to line up without undoing the brake line and readjusting it?
My Spieglers didn't cause issues. Do you have pictures of your line installed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a clearance problem with an installation. Contacted Spiegler and Matthias suggested that I cut the stop on the master cylinder off, in order to get the clearance to install the screw. I rejected that idea and wound up leaving the cover screw out. No problems. On another installation everything lined up perfectly. I guess their jigs are not that accurate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
I had a clearance problem with an installation. Contacted Spiegler and Matthias suggested that I cut the stop on the master cylinder off, in order to get the clearance to install the screw. I rejected that idea and wound up leaving the cover screw out. No problems. On another installation everything lined up perfectly. I guess their jigs are not that accurate.
Not surprised. Their quality control leaves much to be desired. My set came with seven correct banjo bolts and one incorrect one. It took me 10 days to get the correct bolt. They wanted pictures of every bolt installed. It took 3 or 4 emails before I finally got a little testy and they sent me the darn bolt!! I came away fairly unimpressed with their QA and completely unimpressed it's their customer service.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
I've done a few that I had to grind some clearance in the cover. You might be able to rotate the whole assembly for enough clearance.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes everything needs to pushed as far forward as possible, I had to adjust three times.

Reactions: ProfSnape

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
if I remember and it was a fair while ago I turned the reservoir slightly to get the clearance

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I've done a few that I had to grind some clearance in the cover. You might be able to rotate the whole assembly for enough clearance.
I had to do a little bit of grinding also to fit the RH cover on the bar also. That was the only issue I encountered during the installation other than taking time bleeding air out of the system once the lines were in. :bmw:

Reactions: ProfSnape
1 - 9 of 9 Posts