BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RT has all the toys I love, but I'm hankering after the hand oprotection I used to have on my R12GS.

It's not so much cold that's a problem, more huge insects such as bees and wasps hitting my knuckles! Rain protection would be good too, but I'm thinking of something for the summer months - in the winter I'm happy to use my HippoHands or stay home :)

Any one discovered the likes of this for the RT?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Do a search on ebay for R1200RT hand and Acerbis "dual road hand guard" pops up for the R1200RT.

Has anyone tried these things out? :bmw:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
westcott360 said:
I was thinking the same thing. Do a search on ebay for R1200RT hand and Acerbis "dual road hand guard" pops up for the R1200RT.

Has anyone tried these things out? :bmw:
Found them and they look good especially with the LED's. But only upto 2009 and I'm on a 2010 Doh...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
With a little bit of fabrication, I think you could mount the GS handguards on the RT, kind of like I did with my R1200R. Throttlemeister (and others I presume) make up the adapters that would fit the handlebars to the ends of the handguards. The only fabrication might be some brackets for the inside attachments, due to the difference in the handlebars on the RT.

I will look at the clearances at the BMW shop today when I am by there and see if they would work.

Mount on the R1200R:

The inside (toward the steering head) would need some fabrication as I had to do on the RR, but would require a bit of thought due to the difference in the RT bars:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dominatio..... I know you like to look different up in Northumberland but surely "YOU" would not put those things on an RT!!!... They look the part on the GS as it looks as though it is a heap of bits thrown together anyway, but not on an RT surely.
I'm going to give it a try at work with some 6mm Acrylic and a hot air gun to bend it to shape after watching that video clip, can't be all that difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up4AHQXljCE

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/8600312.html

·
Registered
747 Posts
Barkbuster S-7 kit available for the Rt in question. Use one on my 08 to extend low temp use of lightweight gloves- adds about 10 degrees on the low end.
google it....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
casamere said:
Dominatio..... I know you like to look different up in Northumberland but surely "YOU" would not put those things on an RT!!!... They look the part on the GS as it looks as though it is a heap of bits thrown together anyway, but not on an RT surely.
:histerica :histerica

Let me know how you get on as these are'nt available for the 2010 on bikes (Mr Wunder on the video says) this model was improved - jeez knows what the earlier ones were like then.

Regardless of the screen position on mine - the only bits that get cold are my lower / upper arms and my hands get all the road crap such as bugs and chipping etc.

Those deflectors would be nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts