BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago after showing off the LT to my grand daughter I noticed the radio no longer had sound.

So I searched all the Radio links I could find, did the battery disconnect and nothing. I was about to do a tupperware party to get to the connectors etc. I even emailed Becker to get a price on a repair.

Then I remembered Dick (old fart) recommending to a couple new members ( I am still new here) to go read the Hall of Wisdom. I decided to take his advice to heart.

I found this little gem :)

If you are getting the display "SPEAKER" when you adjust the volume control you have turned off the speakers. Using the tone control button, press it until 'SPKR OFF' shows in the radio display. Use the handelbar channel change button to toggle it to 'SPKR ON'

Almost lost my hearing.. :histerica

Thanks to the authors. :wave

·
Registered
929 Posts
Plus 1 on the Hall of Wisdom. I don't think you ought to call Dick :histerica an old fart though...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,120 Posts
wrmoss said:
Plus 1 on the Hall of Wisdom. I don't think you ought to call Dick :histerica an old fart though...
Trust me, I met him a few weeks ago. Old Fart are kind words.:p

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
jzeiler said:
Trust me, I met him a few weeks ago. Old Fart are kind words.:p
Oh man, I don't get NO respect, I tell ya. Course, with a mug like that avatar of mine, who would?!?!?!!! :rolleyes: ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I am not looking for trouble but if I ever run into any I know where to start my search.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a save button so an old ??? (excuse me) eh like me can refer back to something when you need it. Thanks now for maybe later. :histerica
ride safe :bmw:
PS: I respect anyone over 59 ;)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opps :eek:

Sorry Dick, I ment Olde Phart.. :D

I did say I was still new didn't I ? :wave

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to google it..

Olde Phart- An Ancient Geek. Unsolicited Advice Freely Given. Negative Opinions on Most Subjects. Fictitious Tales of Sexual and Athletic Prowess... :D

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
I had to google it..

Olde Phart- An Ancient Geek. Unsolicited Advice Freely Given. Negative Opinions on Most Subjects. Fictitious Tales of Sexual and Athletic Prowess... :D
Sounds pretty accurate.

dan

·
Registered
607 Posts
billsmith said:
I am not looking for trouble but if I ever run into any I know where to start my search.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a save button so an old ??? (excuse me) eh like me can refer back to something when you need it. Thanks now for maybe later. :histerica
PS: I respect anyone over 59 ;)

Bill, once you get the page that you want to save, you can click on the Internet Explorer "Favorites" and add that page.

You can select which folder to save it to and you can name the link to something that makes sense to you.

Cheers,
glenn

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
GlennM86 said:
Bill, once you get the page that you want to save, you can click on the Internet Explorer "Favorites" and add that page.

You can select which folder to save it to and you can name the link to something that makes sense to you.

Cheers,
glenn
Glenn thanks for the advice. I do not use IE as my browser and knowing me I will be saving everything I can put my hands. I like to read and since I joined the forum it has given me an insightful and entertaining source for the days I can't ride. I went to User CP and found two categories threads started and those you are a part of so that will have to do for now. But it will mean a whole lot of scrolling as the list builds.
This one should be easy to remember Hall Of Wisdom acronym HOW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts