BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone uses a half moisture / dust cover on their LT when traveling? Is it worth the storage space?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Thanks to my PO (GoldenDragon) I use one and like it. It rolls up and tucks behind the pass. seat, under the trunk, sort'a.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Wondering if anyone uses a half moisture / dust cover on their LT when traveling? Is it worth the storage space?
Thumperjon;

I have used a Traveller for over 2 years and 18,000 miles. Works as advertized. Can be tucked in the space behind the SO seat ( as long as you moved the seat back the 1 1/2" ).
web site is: eztouring.com

Bowdon

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
bowdon said:
Thumperjon;

I have used a Traveller for over 2 years and 18,000 miles. Works as advertized. Can be tucked in the space behind the SO seat ( as long as you moved the seat back the 1 1/2" ).
web site is: eztouring.com

Bowdon

I use one two, I put it in one of the side cases, doesn't take up much room at all.

Bowdon - love the avatar, I didn't know who it was until tonight, just watched the movie! Excellent movie!

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Yes, I use a Traveller from E-Z Touring (if memory serves).

Yes, it is worth using. Keeps prying eyes away from the bike, keeps bird droppings off and keeps things pretty dry after a rain or heavy dew.

I store mine in the Kathy's Journey bag I bought for my trunk rack. It fits along with rainsuits and other things that I need quick access to.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,114 Posts
Ditto on the Traveller. Keeps the prying eyes off. But be careful if you are in the south west during a wind storm. Mine blew over from the side stand and the Traveller helped. I left it off the next two days and they ransaked my tank bag, but only lost a really nice tire pressure gage.

·
Registered
929 Posts
About the size of a soda can...works great and it's enough to keep things out of sight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
EZTouring Traveler, a great product.
Works on both my bikes and wouldn't be without it.............
A few years back I met the owner of EZTouring riding his GS and testing a new product.
THE OWNER TESTING A NEW PRODUCT !!!!!
Where we were headed, he said campgrounds would be full but we were welcome to pitch tents in his back yard.
Made a customer for life.........................

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thumperjon said:

Hello, I use the Nelson/Rigg UV2000 1/2 cover.. it not only stores behind the back seat and does a great job of covering almost the entire bike windshiled and all.. it has loops on it that go over the pegs so it will not flap or come off.. Light silver that reflects heat and snug so water does not pool !

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
+1 on the Nelson Rig 1/2 cover here as well.

John
billd said:
Hello, I use the Nelson/Rigg UV2000 1/2 cover.. it not only stores behind the back seat and does a great job of covering almost the entire bike windshiled and all.. it has loops on it that go over the pegs so it will not flap or come off.. Light silver that reflects heat and snug so water does not pool !

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Another vote for the Nelson/Rigg half cover (XL). Love it, and very compact.

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
wrmoss said:
About the size of a soda can...works great and it's enough to keep things out of sight.
But the cover in the picture doesn't fit your bike. :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Another vote for the EZ Touring half-cover. Once I saw the quality of the product, I bought their full-size cover, also. Different tools for different uses. They both pack down pretty small, and are very rugged.

·
Registered
192 Posts
EZ Touring half cover. Works as advertised, lasts many years.

Nice to leave my helmet an other gear on the seat under the cover too.

·
Registered
418 Posts
E-Z Touring Traveler.
Strong, light, waterproof, packs small, protects what's under the cover from the elements.
Replaced my BMW and Dowco covers; good protection. Just too bulky to carry.
Almost 11 years of experience using the Traveler on my LT.
Ride to work almost every day, year round.
Bike is always covered about ten hours a day, five days a week, in the parking lot.
UV will eat it up, so it gets replaced every 18 months.
Great customer service.
Got one for my Adventure, too.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I use a CoverMax half cover, XL. Packs small. I haven't tried fitting it behind the rear seat. It would probably fit, but since I haven't moved the top case, it won't. Found it pretty cheap on ebay with free shipping.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 for the Nelson Rigg half cover. I marked the rear of it with a marking pen so I would get it the right way around the first time. Folds up into a "bum bag" style bag that I sometimes use to carry misc stuff.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts