BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a trip with a friend who rides a Wing and he has a cool cover for his bike. It just covers from the windshield to the back and just down past the seat level, basically covering the top half of the bike. Works well to keep the seat and such dry and not too big to take with you on a trip.

Is there such an item for the K1200LT?

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Why yes, there is. It's made by Geza. Here's a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
Briantime said:
Just got back from a trip with a friend who rides a Wing and he has a cool cover for his bike. It just covers from the windshield to the back and just down past the seat level, basically covering the top half of the bike. Works well to keep the seat and such dry and not too big to take with you on a trip.

Here's a good one also. http://eztouring.com/traveller.htm

I have their full cover and love it. Doesn't take up much room. I see a lot of the half-covers at events like CCR, etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
we use a Traveller from www.eztouring.com I can't compare it to other half covers, but on it's own it is well made and well designed. Waterproof, fire retardant, UV protected ripstop nylon. On or off in a matter of a minute or less, covers well, and packs down VERY small: we roll it to a shape that fits behind the pillion seat (we do have the top box all the way back).

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Briantime said:
Yep, I have a Dowco Legend Traveler series half cover for the LT, but I no longer have an LT to put it on. I used it only a few times, great shape, no rips, comes with a storage bag. $20 bucks shipped. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I purchased one from JCW, (I know...EEEWWW). It was speced for a G-Wing, fits like a glove. $40 bucks, use it everyday. No rain, no sun!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a half cover from Covercraft ( http://www.pwr-sports.com/).
When my bike was new (2002), the cover lasted 4 years and developed a rip. Since it has a lifetime warranty Covercraft sent me a replacement for free! Now thats customer support!! They are a little pricy, but are worth the price.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Briantime said:

I got the Nelson Rigg for the Wing. It fit the LT well.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts