BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you remember the tech session's we used to have on the LT's. For you new LT owners we used to get together now & then & work on our LT's together. We got together today & worked on Mike Kimbrell's LT.

We removed his Ohlin shocks to send out for rebuild & reinstalled his OEM shocks, Installed new Speigler brake lines, New fuel filter & hoses, New rear brake pads & we also finally installed Beemerboneyard fuel line quick disconnects. Mike's bike has almost 100,000 miles on it & it still had the factory plastic QD's on it.

It's been a long time since I've had six LT's in my garage at one time. We worked on Mike's bike for almost 12 hours today. A big thanks to all who helped.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
How many of you remember the tech session's we used to have on the LT's. For you new LT owners we used to get together now & then & work on our LT's together. We got together today & worked on Mike Kimbrell's LT.

We removed his Ohlin shocks to send out for rebuild & reinstalled his OEM shocks, Installed new Speigler brake lines, New fuel filter & hoses, New rear brake pads & we also finally installed Beemerboneyard fuel line quick disconnects. Mike's bike has almost 100,000 miles on it & it still had the factory plastic QD's on it.

It's been a long time since I've had six LT's in my garage at one time. We worked on Mike's bike for almost 12 hours today. A big thanks to all who helped.
I don't remember them because they probably happened before I had my LT. I did experience the comradery when I had to do my clutch from Panzer ( Aaron) and passed that spirit on to help Pirate Don with work on his LT recently. I like working on them and don't mind sharing my tools, lift and space. It is fun to get together and do things like that. If I was closer, I would have joined you.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think I see Lee getting in the way of you again Dave:wink: I would like to get to one those tech sessions some day Dave it looks like you have a well lite up shop to work in

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Wish i were there. That would have been great. Gotta do my lines. And the experience is always helpful. In the spring, summer. I hope there are more tech sessions. And it's an excuse for a roadtrip.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Brings back good memories. Had several sessions at my house when I was back in central Florida. That was back when the LT was still new and we were all learning together. Good times!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I see Lee getting in the way of you again Dave:wink: I would like to get to one those tech sessions some day Dave it looks like you have a well lite up shop to work in
I have enough lighting in my work room so there are no shadows. Lee does much more than just get in the way he gets the job done right.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brings back good memories. Had several sessions at my house when I was back in central Florida. That was back when the LT was still new and we were all learning together. Good times!
Nowadays I stock more parts than the dealers ever did. It makes it so much easier to repair failed or failing parts when you have the LT apart.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One comment ... I want your garage!

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I was lucky to have my '07 serve as the last Curve Cowboy Reunion maintenance demonstration bike with expertise from John Z at Couer d'Alene. It was a long day, but well worth it! John wasn't able to pack as many tools into his trailer as Dave has in his garage, but we put in quite an enjoyable day! Now, if there was something similar like what you guys did for the K1600's, that would be great.... :bmw:

Reactions: katnapinn

·
Premium Member
7,543 Posts

It appeared you let Mike just watch. That is so wrong.
:grin::grin:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dave,
Where did you choose to send the Ohlins for rebuild?
I need to do that, maybe this winter.
Mike hasn't sent the shocks out for rebuild yet. RE Suspension is just down the street from where I work & I have had 3 sets rebuilt by them. If I had to pay shipping I would send them to Ohlin 703 C South Grove St. Hendersonville NC 28792. Ohlin USA has a form you can fill out before you ship your shocks to them.

I received your package while we were working on Mike's bike. Thank you very much. :wave

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have enough lighting in my work room so there are no shadows. Lee does much more than just get in the way he gets the job done right.
Thank you for the kind words, Dave. My dad taught me to "look for something to do":nerd: when he dragged me out to help him with the cars. You have taught me so much more over the years that the best way to repay you is to help whenever you need it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts