BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through the forums and haven't found this problem before.

I have a Garmin 550/BMW Nav unit with the GXM 30 antenna connected through the mount on top of the stingray. I've had problems where I would loose signal and get an error message to "Check Antenna" or something similar. This had been happening after I washed it or during a rain storm. Once everything was dry it went back to working.
The other day the weather improved to the point that I took the bike out and the problem started up. Needless to say it hadn't rained on it and I hadn't washed it in a long time. I've checked most of the wiring and it appears to be good and the connections look good.

Any ideas, or anyone have a similar problem?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
That happened to my GPS once, it was the connection. I turned everything off used a bit of contact cleaner and plugged it back in turned it on and that seemed to fix mine. Or your radio might be going bad. Have anybody around you can try theirs?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on pulling the antenna and the GPS off the bike this weekend and I'll hit all the contact with cleaner. I'm going to try it in my car and see what happens. If it works then it may be the mount on the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts