BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to purchase a Zumo 550 for my RT. My question is about the XM antenna. I've seen both the GXM30 and the GXM40 antennas for sale at various prices. What is the difference between the two antenna and is there a specific one of these two antennas that is compatible with the Zumo 550.

Thank

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the dual posts. I had a connectivity issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the Zumo 550 with the XM30 and I now have the Zumo 665 with the XM40. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the XM30 is for the 550 and the XM40 for the 665. I do not think they are interchangeable. The 665 is able to do more like get nexrad radar which I assume the XM30 wouldn't be able to bring in. All of this of course is just a guess on my part.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sdan451 said:
I had the Zumo 550 with the XM30 and I now have the Zumo 665 with the XM40. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the XM30 is for the 550 and the XM40 for the 665. I do not think they are interchangeable. The 665 is able to do more like get nexrad radar which I assume the XM30 wouldn't be able to bring in. All of this of course is just a guess on my part.
Thanks, Stephen. I think you're correct based on a response I received in the Zumo Forum.

Derek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts