BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited my local Triumph dealer to see the new GT1050 released here in the US yesterday and was amazed that it looks so similar to the new 1600GTL.....and the FJR.....and the ST1300....and the Conny.....I just wonder what the price comparison will be like when the GTL hits the streets?

Triumph

FJR

ST1300

Conny

And then I started thinking about pillion comfort and all the accouterments I'm enjoying on the LT (radio/CD/aux for iPod, heat, storage galore, comfortable riding position, adjustable windshield...and the list goes on.....Heck.....I don't need to look anymore I'm enjoying the comforts of the LT and its paid for!
:dance:

oh yeah, and no comparison to what BMW is headlining in a few months.....550 more umph vs. the Triumph, 300 vs the FJR, 300 vs the ST, 200 vs the Conny

Its all good..... :cool:....I just hope my LT goes for another 150K.....not sure this GTL will be unique enough and as comfortable as the LT.....but I certainly could be wrong.....can't wait to read the experience of those who take the plunge in a few months! :bmw:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
x2 Kenny; I've been looking at them and seeing some wonderful items appearing these new models, but that pillion issue still clenches it for me...........and like you said, ".....it's paid for"............

$ 00.02.......... ;)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Those bikes sure do have a lot in common, on the cosmetic end anyway..... Kinda reminds of the cars these days.

My favorite is the 'old' LT.... it is a keeper for me.

Chris Ogle

·
Registered
97 Posts
The triumph will be about 12k cheaper than the BMW

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
cwo said:
My favorite is the 'old' LT.... it is a keeper for me.
The "old" LT? Oh! You mean THIS one! :D

·
IBR# 366
16,606 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
The "old" LT? Oh! You mean THIS one! :D
No, that's an old RT. The old LT had a tiny trunk attached. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts