BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong I love the new GTL and a price quote is on its way to me, but WHY can I only choose between blue and gray (call silver or whatever). What about black, or red? After Mr. Ford decided to go for black only, it has taken BMW 99 years to add one color extra, and it's not even black! What's up with the two-color-choice???

·
Registered
102 Posts
BMW and color are incompatible terms. The first winter with my '06 RT he was stripped bare and sent off for a paint job. I would anticipate the same for the GTL. It would be easier if they would deliver the bike with all the panels off, a good set of instructions for putting them back on and let me bring them directly to my painter. It could be worse the present RT comes in 3 shades of gray. The color department at BMW must be were you are assigned if you need to be punished.

·
Registered
167 Posts
BMW considers dullness to be luxurious. Their sportiest bike, the S1000RR, comes in awesome colors like light green, bumblebee yellow/black (the best), etc., the K1300S came in orange and now red, the K1300GT and K1600GT have red as an option, but the R1200RT, K1200LT, and K1600GTL only come in dull colors.

It's the same with their cars; most colors are just as dull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts