BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the GT wind protection is comparable to the RT

·
IBR# 366
16,534 Posts
tkirklan said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the GT wind protection is comparable to the RT
Between two stock bikes, no. But check this thread for some options. :)

Honestly, the RT has more fairing for more protection, more upright ergonomics, and less weight. The GT has more power and great on-the-fly adjustable suspension, and a killer fast Slant/4 motor.

So really, it depends on what's most important to you, and whether you like the unique Boxer thump or the smooth rush of inline-4 power.

But I can change windscreens and adjust handlebars and pegs much easier than I can wring another 50 HP out of a Boxer Twin . . . :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
As stock the RT has a far better set up than the GT as far as wind protection goes. I used stock shield on the RT. I have a tall screen on the GT and the GT is still noisier than the RT. I am currently using a Ztechnic V Stream which is better but still doesn't approach the RT for quietness and protection. I suspect I should have got the BMW small screen as standard and had my head in cleaner air. I had this discussion many moons ago about the R1100RS screen and after trying a couple of barn door size screens I opted for the smallest BMW screen so maybe it's the same with this bike.

Still, I wouldn't swap the GT for the RT in a year of Sundays :bmw:

I am 6ft and around 190lbs (and shrinking) ride mainly with a pillion who likes the V Stream as it gives her nearly as much protection as the RT screen did. YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts