BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of upgrading my 05 K12LT to either a K1600 GTL or GT. At first, I thought I wanted the GTL, but after sitting on the GT, I think I prefer the riding position better. It's not so laid back as the GTL, which almost seems too laid back. From what I can gather, the base price on the GT is $3000 lower, but it doesn't have the top case or the fog lamps or whatever they are mounted on the bottom of the GTL. I assume I can get those as an option, though it is extremely hard finding what those options are and prices are as I can find them nowhere on the BMWNA site. Anyone know where those options are listed with prices? Are those the only two things missing from the GT vs the GTL or are there others? Is the adaptive headlight an option? I would definitely want that. Now that these bikes have been out there a while, what kind of issues have arisen with them? How about availability of tires? That was always a problem with the LT as tire choices are pretty limited and are often hard to find if one is not by a BMW dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Check out the K1600 forum and you'll probably find most of your answers.

http://www.k1600forum.com/

The bikes are priced about the same with similar options. Several different tires are available. No major problems with most of the bikes. There are some pretty good deals on the used ones from time to time.

Be careful on your test ride. Many end up sold!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts