BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
My Dealer is also my Insurance agent so.... If they can sell me the damn thang they can sell me insurance also. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
577 Posts
seems it should be almost like a Wing. what do they go for??????

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did get a quote from Progressive. It was less than my S1000RR, which is no surprising. Don't remember the actual number but it wasn't surprising.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Progressive prices insurance based on class of bike and displacement. When I looked at buying the LT I priced out the Wing, a Honda ST and an LT. The LT was less than either of the Hondas...a lot less than the Wing. Expect a 1600 cc bike to be less than the Wing but a bit more than what we were paying for the LT new....at least with Progressive.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I would guess because the 1600 GT is almost what the 1300GT HP was, it would be at or a bit more because of the increase in price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have progressive ins. on my 2007 harley ultra classic. I contacted Liberty Mutual Ins. which BMW recommends and they did not have the 1600 in their computer so I had them figure on a 2011K1300GT (160HP) and the premium was $ 231.00 less than the 2007 Harley.
But you have to insure your car with them also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts