BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
xcell1600 said:
Can anyone provide a review of the Tail Gunner top case from GSessories for the RT?
I'm very happy I purchased the TailGunner Top Case for my 2010 BMW R1200RT.
The size (15 liters) and proportions are just perfect for my uses. Previously I tried GIVI and Saddlemen but one was too large and one was not sturdy enough. I also appreciate the exceptionally high quality workmanship. If you want a small and sturdy top case, this is a great product. I've been using the TailGunner for about a month now and the latch is breaking in just as the instructions said it would.

·
Registered
609 Posts
DavidfromHector said:
I'm very happy I purchased the TailGunner Top Case for my 2010 BMW R1200RT.
The size (15 liters) and proportions are just perfect for my uses. Previously I tried GIVI and Saddlemen but one was too large and one was not sturdy enough. I also appreciate the exceptionally high quality workmanship. If you want a small and sturdy top case, this is a great product. I've been using the TailGunner for about a month now and the latch is breaking in just as the instructions said it would.
I have also been thinking about the TailGunner and was interested in mounting it inplace of the rear seat of my RT as shown in the GS videos. Have you had any luck doing that?
Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have it on my 1200GS and absolutely love it! It is the perfect size to take the absolute necessities, without carrying a huge topcase and all the hassle which that implies. I have it replacing the back seat most times, though you can mount it to the rack as well. For the rear seat, it uses the key locking system, so taking it on and off is a cinch. For me it doubles as an unobtrusive support for my lower back when attached there, so it ends up being comfortable and functional.

Recently I have been looking into getting an RT, so I wanted to see how it looked on one and that is how I came across this thread. For those who want to see it on different bikes, I came across this link with tons of pictures.

Hope this helps. I am sure you will not be disappointed, and soon love it as much as I do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a GS and have an RT on order. The Vario top case on the GS works fine.

The Tail Gunner looks great on the RT. I ordered the fluid gray so I think the standard black bag should be fine. The custom paint adds cost and I am concerned the glossy paint will scratch.

Has anyone seen the standard on the fluid gray?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the site, but I've been using a Tail Gunner for a while on my '11 R12GS. It's sturdy, attractive, well made. But I attempted to go onto the GSessories website and couldn't find it. Are they no longer in business? I Googled the name - both GSessories and Tail Gunner - with no better luck. Does anyone know what's going on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.