BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 k1200lt. Looking at getting a GS911. I have friends with 2016, and 2017 BMWs. If we get a newer version GS911 and the adapter, do I get all the same functions? Or am I better off getting the version for 90's and 2016? Thanks.

Steve

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,247 Posts
They are all backward compatible so go for the latest for the newer bikes and your LT will still be good. (you do need the round plug).

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you have newer (can bus bikes) you’d be better off with the OBDLink MX adapter and the Android MotoScan App.

I have both. The Pro GS-911 and the MotoScan.
With MotoScan you can change adaptation values that you can’t with the GS-911.

After getting the MotoScan I have no idea of the hype of the GS-911 or its usefulness beyond reading and clearing faults.

Food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
If you have newer (can bus bikes) you’d be better off with the OBDLink MX adapter and the Android MotoScan App.

After getting the MotoScan I have no idea of the hype of the GS-911 or its usefulness beyond reading and clearing faults.

Food for thought.

It has several test and alignment features such as testing the TVA adjustment and function and adjusting the Throttle potentiometer. It disabled the servo motors on the brakes so you can do a bleed test on the 02+ models to make sure you have all the air out. It can gather running data on the motor, examine the O2 sensor output, reset the service reminders ( WiFi only I think) Just off the top of my head and all of that I have used if not on my bike, friends LT's. I think there was a time where it was GS911 or the dealer for all that. Not sure how long the MotoScan has been around and I have not seen one or had one to compare to my 911. Not saying one is better than the other because I don't have that knowledge to even form an opinion but it isn't just a code reader reseter. I don't have a canbus bike or OBD2 so it is the 911 for me and I am happy with it.

Reactions: kbob12

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Thanks John. Should have asked up front. Is it worth getting the Wifi version?

Steve
Yep, wished it had been available when I bought mine.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts

Food for thought.

Can the motoscan do a bleed test?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts