BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone in Killeen or close have a GS-911 tool that I can use. I have been dealing with black smoke for a while coming from my bike. I never park on the side stand so I know thats not the problem. Now for the last three days the idle has ben bad. I also noticed yesterday after taking a short ride I get back home and cut her off and hear a sound coming from the gas tank. I take the cap off and a see movement and hear the sound more and gas mileage has dropped down 8 miles per gallon. I always use 93 fuel.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
sepiast said:
Yes really bad smell.
I'm sure that's it. Mine went out on the way to CCR '09. Mileage dropped from 39 to 22. At stop lights the fumes were overwhelming. Drove 2500 miles at 22-24 mpg. 100 miles/tank got old in a hurry.

Bosch 13475 was the part number for my '03 from Autozone

dan

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
yep it is the O2 Sensor, pretty easy to change and what a big difference in mileage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone and thanks for all help and info. I only have a small update. I did do the Canisterectomy but I have not had time to take her out for a ride yet. It is raining here in Killeen and family time so that is all for now. When time permits I plan to get some Sea Form or something close for the fuel tank and take her out. I will update when I do. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts