BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest version of the GS-911 scanner (V904.1) was just issued and I used it to check the Engine Running Parameters - as well as any fault codes.
The attached are some screen shots of the data for info.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey Jim,

Looks informative, have you tried creating a fault like pulling a bulb to see if it was able to detect it? Would be interesting to see a comparison from another bike or do you use it to specificaly to ensure that no faults are present.

Regards...

Mugz

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mugszy said:
Hey Jim,

Looks informative, have you tried creating a fault like pulling a bulb to see if it was able to detect it? Would be interesting to see a comparison from another bike or do you use it to specificaly to ensure that no faults are present.

Regards...

Mugz
Hi Mugz

I've used it on a few bikes and it was able to pick up fault codes (bad O2 (Lambda) sensor etc)

I'll run some more to get comparisons

Jim

PS My BMW Service Manager was amazed that this little device was able to get access to all the fault codes - especially when compared to their very expensive BMW scanner!!!

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
RealWing said:
PS My BMW Service Manager was amazed that this little device was able to get access to all the fault codes - especially when compared to their very expensive BMW scanner!!!
....that they don't even own. They rent them from BMW corporate.

You gotta love the GS-911. I was concerned when they did the software upgrades that added mucho functionality: You could only put 10 bikes on it, if you want to do more you have to upgrade from "enthusiast" to "pro". Well, it seems it will only record the VIN and count on bikes that you reset the service indicator.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts