BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The infamous ABS wig wag started on my 2000 K1200LT a few weeks ago. I call LV BMW to see if they could reset it for me and the tech I spoke with said they would reset it for free. I drove 120 miles into the shop and spoke with the shop foreman who told me he would reset it if there were no codes. About twenty minutes he told me the ABS would not talk to the computer. He said they would have to do diagnostics on it. I said that was OK and thanked him for nothing. When I got home I ordered a GS-911. I arrived yesterday and I installed it on my computer this morning and ran the diagnostics on the ABS. It showed a "wheel block" fault. I cleared the code and took it for a test ride and everything is fine. Does anyone know what the "wheel Block" code refers to?

TIA
Alan Hinman
2000 K1200LT

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Only guessing here Alan, but it sounds similar to what I had on my 2000 years ago after she laid down on me with the engine still running before I could kill the engine. When I stood her back up I had the dreaded wig-wag ABS lights! Ozzie's BMW in Chico CA reset it for me and explained that if one wheel is spinning while the other is not turning (thus the "wheel block"!) it will cause an ABS fault.

HTH,

John

·
Registered
403 Posts
Fish
That makes sense. And would explain it all.
I have asked Stephan for those codes and he told me he wouldn't give them to me as there are 1000s and I think he said they are on the website for the GS911.
Some internet search shows a false code idea.
dc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.