BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy New year all you LTers here in the great Pacific Northwet!

My bro-in-law Rick and I are planning to ship our bikes to GA for CCR 2006. We can't take the amount of time off work to ride both ways, so we plan to ship 'em out there, fly to Atlanta and pick 'em up, enjoy CCR, and then mosy on back home--taking our time (300-400 mi/day) and enjoying the scenery--over a period of 7-10 days.

From the preliminary research I've done, the more bikes you ship together, the cheaper it is. Anybody else around here interested in shipping your bike from Seattle to Atlanta?

If you've never been to CCR, I guarantee you'll love it. And if you've never ridden some of those roads (the Dragon, Cherahola (sp?) Skyway, etc.), you're in for a real treat!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Bruce_Yates said:
Happy New year all you LTers here in the great Pacific Northwet!

If you've never been to CCR, I guarantee you'll love it. And if you've never ridden some of those roads (the Dragon, Cherahola (sp?) Skyway, etc.), you're in for a real treat!

The roads around here are great!

if your planning on riding the Cherohala , Deals Gap or anyplace that far north plan on it being a ALL day trip, 3 hours one way from the hotel maybe a tad more depending on traffic.

When it gets closer if anyone is interested I will be glad to e-mail some other roads that are a blast to ride for some of you that do not know the area. I live about a hour to hour and a half north of the Hotel, right in the edge of the North Georgia mountains just about 10 miles East of Dahlonega.

129 over Blood Mountain, Richard Russel, 197, Wolf Pen Gap, Warwoman road are just a few of the roads that are great. Helen Ga is not far a cool little town with some great food.

Tom

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
tmgs said:
The roads around here are great!
... snip ....

Helen Ga is not far a cool little town with some great food.

Tom
And a great leetle fudge shop, as does (did?) Dahlonega. Yummers.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Dick said:
And a great leetle fudge shop, as does (did?) Dahlonega. Yummers.

it's still there, there is a better one up in highlands though (think it is highlands)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts