BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number for the lighting under the tip over wings on the LT? Just looking for some extra light when suiting up in the dark.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Crestwood330 said:
Does anyone have a part number for the lighting under the tip over wings on the LT? Just looking for some extra light when suiting up in the dark.
David,

sorry I don't have the part number, but maybe the following could give you an idea:

* I happened to have some extra 5 mm diameter leds plus two "nut shaped" multicolor leds laying around.
* I installed the leds (3 white + one multicolor) in the lower fairing and wired them to the original ground lighting wires thru a relesable connector.
* this lighting is far more efficient than the stock ground light ( I have that also)
* I attach some pictures of the led installation but unfortunately at the moment I have no pics of the light effect as I am away from my bike. I can post them later if you are interested.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for an alternative idea.

·
Registered
437 Posts
David

Are you gonna lay down on the floor to get dressed :p ??
How about a flashlight in the glove box....then you don't have to do ANY work! Better yet.....get one with the flourescent light in it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys for the mistake posting this to the main list....

Patterson,

:cool: I use the light above the cluster and the trunk light to load up in the dark. I just wanted some additional ambient without leaving the ignition running the headlight for a length of time running the battery down. If I use the park lights, the steering is locked, the glove box is blocked and the light above the cluster and the trunk light is not functional in this mode.

I commute with my LT and its trunks are packed with my laptop and other work stuff. My helmet and gear stay with the bike. Its a total repack coming and going. What I have a problem with is putting on my gear, changing from dress shoes to boots or stepping my rainsuit in the occasional pitch black parking deck I have at work. All I want is a little light lower on the LT without the need to hold a "flashlight" while fighting to get in my gear (pant legs, boots, zippers, flaps, etc.). Not looking for a complicated installation or something elaborate, just some light at the side of the LT below seat height that works with the light above the cluster and the trunk light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts