BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just receive my ground lighting kit for my K1600GTL from my dealers. Very few pieces and it looks like a pretty straight forward install. But the kit came with no instructions and I'll be damned if I can find the wiring harness and connector plug that must be buried some where in the bike? Anyone made this installation yet and can you point me to the cabling?
I hate to totally dissect all the panels and then find out there was only one required to be to removed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
old1951 said:
I just receive my ground lighting kit for my K1600GTL from my dealers. Very few pieces and it looks like a pretty straight forward install. But the kit came with no instructions and I'll be damned if I can find the wiring harness and connector plug that must be buried some where in the bike? Anyone made this installation yet and can you point me to the cabling?
I hate to totally dissect all the panels and then find out there was only one required to be to removed.
Ask your dealer if they can print install instructions for you from their shop system.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can I ask what that lighting kit ran? It'd be great if you would post some kind of review after the install about how it looks, maybe some pix? This is one of the farkles I was thinking about, don't need it but it might be neat at bike nights when all the Harley guys turn on their purple engine lights...

·
Registered
530 Posts
The wire is under the roundel on the right side but you will still need your dealer to enable the light.
The dealer has to hook the bike up to the service computer to enable the light.
I would not get the light if I had to do it again, it does not put out very much light and was a waste of money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just a thought... Why isn't the ground lighting included in the price of the stock bike? For that kind of monies you would think that a few more bells and whistles would be included......

·
Registered
530 Posts
nykipper said:
Just a thought... Why isn't the ground lighting included in the price of the stock bike? For that kind of monies you would think that a few more bells and whistles would be included......
You will have to ask BMW to answer this question.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I sure am glad that the initial question was asked because I thought that I had the ground lighting and that it was included with my bike!

It was on my list of things to learn how to operate, along with the radio and getting it programed ( harder than the K1200LT) I would have spent hours trying to get it to work...

Working on one system at a time and loving most of it......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts