BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surfing and saw an image with a light housing in the chrome piece behind the side bumpers.. I assume this is for some sort of ground lighting ... does anyone have lights, turn signal, or brake lights installed in that spot? :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I saw some installed additional lights there at BMW Motarrad Days in Germany. I think the fellow LTer was a KOGer from Italy.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I believe that's a stock OEM light installed on the newer LTs. I know a couple of them that were here recently for the Tech Fest had 'em.

06-07 maybe?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ground lighting is an available option on the 2007LT's here in Canada. I have it installed on my bike. I believe that you need to order the central locking option as well to get it.

regards

Ken

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Mine is an 05 and came with it... :)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Those lights came standard on my 06. They only come on when it's dark out and when I use the KEY FOB to lock/unlock the bike.

They caused me a lot of ribbing on my first outing with the Harley Riders in my group. I just told them I had them installed so I could be sure I didn't step in any OIL PUDDLES left by the HD's they hadn't been paper trained. They got quiet!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all

I like the landing lights and the concept of only comming on at night ....

hmmmm time to design another circuit :histerica

1 - 9 of 9 Posts