BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read here to cut the old grips while pulling them with a vice grip ... did that and the heating elements still work ...

Next step was to find a replacement set I like ... didn't like the bmx grips ... the kuyriakin grips are nice feeling but I didn't like the look ... kinda gaudy ... I found some neoprene ones that would work, but I didn't think they'd hold up to well ... Soooooo (putting flame suit on here) .... I went to Harley and got two non throttle stock grips from service ... for free, that had been removed when putting custom grips on new harleys ... they fit perfectly and are nice and beefy ... all in all very nice feel and fit .... yes I know it's almost sacrilege but they don't say harley on them or have the bar and shield so all is well

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If they work, and you are happy with them then who cares what the minority snobs on here say. It is your bike, you paid for it no one else.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fuzzy - how were the new grips to put on? Did you have to use any lube to get them on? My high-side grip is starting to split and I saw a set for about $20, I think, but didn't know how much of a pain it would be to put the new ones on, especially with the heater elements.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a mild (95/5 water/soap) solution to get them on ... when the soap and water dried I can't get them off ... I did run a wrap of electrical tape around the heat wires first ... just to keep them from moving

1 - 4 of 4 Posts