BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set yesterday. My paws don't fit the stock grips very well. When installing them, do you fill in the void toward the inside to make it flatter? I used tennis racket tape on mo 03 but it looks a little shabby................ :(

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I put them on my K1600GTL and just slipped them on with a little detergent. No fillers required. Be real careful when you trim them as it's easy to cut a little off center. If your cut is a little off, put that side down.

I really do like them, but if I need to ever replace them, I'll go with the Beemer Buddies. Better quality and they look a little better. They do cost about $10.00 more.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I used hair spray - an old grip install trick that works well. Simply spray inside until wet, install then use a paper towel to squeeze the grip puppy. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I used the "air compressor" method of installation - no waiting for things to dry and it's a little easier (IMHO) to seat them.

I also used TWO layers of them - seems to fir my hands better.

I didn't trim the length at all - installed so that they are flush with the end, and taper at the "inside" as the OEM grip tapers. Again, using the "air compressor" method allowed me to easily reposition taper the grips to fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:wave Hi

What is the air compressor method of instillation. I've never heard of this.

Airplane

·
Registered
980 Posts
airplane said:
:wave Hi

What is the air compressor method of instillation. I've never heard of this.

Airplane
Seat one end of the Grip Puppy onto the end of your OEM rubber grips. "Pinch" the open end of the Grip Puppy and blow compressed air into the open end (like a balloon). The GP will "inflate" just enough to allow you to "push" it over the OEM grip.

Once it's on, you can blow compressed air between the GP and OEM grip to allowing you to fine tune it's placement.

I like this method as it's quick, doesn't have any dry time, mess free and won't set up like hairspray before you have the things installed.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
calvarez said:
I used a little dish soap. Went right on, and they are stuck solid.
Same here, and I had no need to trim. Also no drying time either!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I tried the grip puppies, but, they irritated my delicate little hands when I was gloveless. So, I took them off. Now I have some of those beemer buddies...just put them on yesterday. They're so smooth and comfortable. Easy to install also. If you're like me and don't like the roughness of the grip puppies, give beemer buddies [make in USA] a try. I have no stake in bb's. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you post a pic of those Beemer Buddies? I'd like to see them.......... :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
Found that the grip puppies did not transmit the heat quick enough. Just far too much insulation. Went and dropped the coin for new OEM heated grips...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts