BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea baby, Grip Puppies are the cat's meow. I put um on yesterday, slipped right on with a little soapy water and rode all day today with no grooves in my hand. Those hard and grooved rubber grips on the LT should be outlawed. Best 8 buck investment I have ever made. See ya'll.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
+1 on the grip puppies. I also have a throttle-cramp- thingie and it just makes the bike a lot more fun.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes, they're great. Using them increased the diameter of the grips and virtually eliminated the cramping, although I also use the "cramp buster." Another good thing is they transfer heat when I need to turn the hand grip heater on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi
I got the small ones and no do not trim. I read somewhere to trip them and then I saw a thread that said dont. I did not and once on they fit perfect. Use a little dish soap and water and apply to heated grip and inside of grip puppy. Start on grip and twist as you push. Had them on in 5 minutes and they dried in a few hours. They are fantastic!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was used to the fat grips on my Harleys and these things are great. They take the fatigue out of a long ride.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Love the pups...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
ka0mlh said:
Did you remove the stock grips or put them on over the stock grips?
Mike, they go on over the stock grips. Just gives one a better hand/finger curl since it adds a leetle bit of thickness. Much more comfortable for me, and I didn't have a problem with the stock grips!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Yup, the puppies rock. No more cramped hands.

·
Mister Moto
140 Posts
Yep...dem puppies rock! I put mine on with air pressure from my air compressor, worked great! Less vibes to my fingers now, no more numbnes after along ride. +1

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I purchased a set last year and for the life of me I could not get them on. I tried everything.. soap, hot water, etc... I ran them over with a car, threw them against the wall, jumped on them, shot them with a high powered BB gun, swore at them, kicked them a few times and even subjected them to British humor. Nothing!!! They went in the garbage. They mave have been the wrong size so I just purchased another set. Thank you sire can I have another....

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I put the 'Pups' on and they helped through the winter riding. When I put the summer gloves on the numbing in the right hand started by 10 miles. So, it appears they are great for me when the thicker/slightly padded Gerbing heated gloves are worn.
So, I have now been introduced to the QwiNerve mc gloves(www.QwiNerveProtector.com) and only have 30 miles on them but there appeared to be no numbing('Pups' still on). I made an effort to not do my usual hand stuff so there was a good trial for them. They feel a little wierd, at first, as the padding is placed like no other gloves I have worn.
They also responded immediately when I e-mailed that I may need a smaller size. They are already on the way to me. 30 day no questions warranty.$40 US for my order.
If you have the numbing as I do, you may want to give them a try. We have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I went to my local sporting goods store and bought some tennis racket handle wrap. Its padded and you wind it on (holds with double sided tape that is included) and the first set lasted for 4 years. I just renewed them a couple of months ago. Heated grips still work good and the size is just right, no cramps.

No mess, no fuss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts