BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 R1200RT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an used 2009 R1200RT in great shape. Already updated the headlights to LED and added a few other items to it. Been learning a lot about this bike (before I bought her) - was looking at new, and some others (2019 and 2015), decided on the 2009.

Last bike was a new Triumph Bonneville 900, so this is a nice upgrade. Not too big, not too small.

Glad to be here and hope to learn more, and maybe share some stuff I learn...

Here's the bike, without her top box, just as I was leaving on a 900 mile overnight weekend ride (which she did great).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2009 R1200RT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! Sweet ride. Stay safe, 'cause they ARE out to get ya (i.e. the cagers and trucks, I mean).
I'm just over the state line in Idaho, though I suspect you being a submariner, you're living closer to Seattle.
Thanks! You're right about them trying to get us... Totaled two bikes so far from cars hitting me. Was just in Idaho (Boise area) this last weekend. Used to live in Poulsbo, but now I live in North Central Washington.

·
Registered
2009 R1200RT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice bike. First year of shims for valve lash adjustment. A good system.
Thanks for the information - I should be receiving my Clymer maintenance/troubleshooting/repair manual today, which I hope will help keep her running...

·
Registered
2009 R1200RT
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few west coat riders will be at the School House tavern in Winthrop Wednesday at noon. A nice ride over the pass for lunch.
Shoot, that's just north of me. Been to that tavern a few times myself. Don't know if I can get out of work to go...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts