BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is John, and I have not ridden a H-D in 68 days.

I joined the ranks of LT ownership with the purchase of 2003 Impala Brown, lightly farklized, on May 25, 2006. This date will go down in history, to me at least, as a significant date to remember. Granted, it does not rival the birth of my three daughters or my son, nor does it displace the marriage to my wonderful wife, but I cannot tell you the date that I purchased any of the 25 odd bikes that preceded "The Brown Buffalo".

The real reason that I have decided to write this is to compliment the members on what I consider to be the finest ownership site that I have visited. I have witnessed countless recommendations and responses that seem truly lucid (what a concept). In the first 10 weeks of LT ownership, and just shy of 4000 miles, I have experienced the brake squeak, 30-40 mph wobble, valve stem failure, the excitement of the ABS in parking lot maneuvers, and an overall reluctance to air out the old girl. However all of these issues have been well documented and experienced by so many, that I have just felt as though I had a kindred spirit (or 1000) out there.

Thank you for all the information, and for the welcome that I have received as I have run across a number of you out there in the twisties.

But most of all, thank you for the posts that encouraged me to take the step of test driving an LT. My wife and I have never enjoyed any of our numerous shared activities as much as we have the LT. Previous bikes left her less than enthused, as they were too loud, too fast, too uncomfortable, too windy, too hot, etc. The only problem that I have experienced with her so far on the LT is she has a habit of falling asleep on those early morning breakfast runs. No worries though, the armrests have her "captured".

I have spent a number of hours on "other" ownership sites, and I truly believe that I am going to enjoy my association with this group for a long, long, time.

Thanks to you all, I have found what true happiness is in a motorcycle. Like my wife, she isn't perfect, but she is way better than I deserve!!

Thank you.....

John Crowley

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Welcome aboard John.

I belive we had (or have) a motto (maybe it is CCR's) It's the bike that brought us together but its the people that make it great. Enjoy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tony/Bugkiller-

Bedford is a small bedroom community just west of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

I am familiar with Chino Hills, and I think that you are not too far from one of my favorite roads, Hwy 2 through the Angeles National Forest. Great road, but a little busy. I bet you know of hundreds that are equally good, but a little less traveled.

If you ever get out Dallas way, look me up and I will show you what Texas hospitality is all about!!!!!

Thanks for the reply!!!

John

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grif,

Thanks a million for the heads-up on garage time. If I am in town, I will absolutely be there, as it is just a few miles from my house. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information.

Man I love this site!!!!!!!!!

John

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know what you mean!

:) Hi John
I live on the other side of the planet but have been helped tremendously by all the guys on this site with genuine info on various questions that I have posted. It's great to know that someone, somewhere will come to your rescue! My LT is brand new - I just love it!!
LiTtle LoTta
Regards
Allen
(South Africa)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
think again!

jzeiler said:
Welcome aboard John.

I belive we had (or have) a motto (maybe it is CCR's) It's the bike that brought us together but its the people that make it great. Enjoy.

Except for Joe (just kidding). HE IS BMWLT!!!!!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Hi John!

Welcome, and thanks for your financial support of this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts