BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us are planning on going to the show on sat. the 26th. They ended overtime at work today so I should be good to go. How about meeting for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel in Gaffney SC at exit #90 ( 8 Factory Shops Blvd.) somebody farther away can pick the time. BMWMOA is raffling off a 2011 GSA & will have tickets for sell at $10 bucks each at there booth. Ticket sales end on Feb. 28 & if they sell over 10,000 tickets they will raffle off two of them. As of this morning they had sold over 9800. :bike:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I would love to join you Dave but I am headed to New Mexico on the LT next Saturday and won't be back until mid March. Looks like I am going to get quite a few long trips in this year.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm in, Dave. We leaving at dark:thirty? :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Per Michaeldale, if you go to Progressive Insurance's website, there are discount coupons. I think he said to click on "events".

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is a three dollar off discount at the show and a four dollar discount for on-line ticket sales. Dave, it's a four hour ride me so anytime is good for me. I'm always ready to eat :dance:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah... My brother-in-Law and I plan on riding up either Friday or Saturday...
Anyone riding down to Bike Week? I know, been there-done that. Well I have not done the ride on my LT.

Happy riding- :wave

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michaeldale said:
it's a four hour ride me so anytime is good for me. I'm always ready to eat :dance:
How about 8:30 for breakfast ? Mike. That should get us to the show between 10:30 & 11:00.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'm in, Not working that day...See you for breakfast.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hope you'all have some nice riding weather - Might be a tad chilly though!

I'm heading to the one in Daytona the second weekend in March (I'll be there the 11th) to meet up with some friends riding down from WV. They are looking to get out of the snow.....

Sure would be nice if BMW had my new ride on display.....

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
DanDiver said:
Sure would be nice if BMW had my new ride on display.....
According to the dealer here, there were only 2 shows that got the 1600 demo bikes from Germany and both of them are already past. Supposedly, they have been transported back to Germany.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Cracker Barrel in Gaffney is only 8 miles from the house so it would be great to meet some of you and ride to the show. We are meeting some friends coming in from Atlanta at the show.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking forward to meeting you Lewis. That makes six LT's so far :) and as always all :bike: bikes are welcome :cool: .

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The weather is looking good for next Sat., as of now. Low in the mid-40s. High around 60. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sat. morning.

Anyone in the area not interested in the motorcycle show, but wanting to meet us for breakfast is welcome.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No thanks needed, I ordered it just special for you. :D If you and the rest of the crew get to Gaffney before me. Coffee,PLEASE!

·
Registered
688 Posts
BMW NA will not be there. Therefore, no K1600's. Just thought if you were going for that reason, you are wasting your time.

ULTRA LT

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
UltraLT said:
BMW NA will not be there. Therefore, no K1600's.
To HECK with them. I'm going to look at a NEW Goldwing! :histerica

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
UltraLT said:
BMW NA will not be there. Therefore, no K1600's. Just thought if you were going for that reason, you are wasting your time.

ULTRA LT
I think everyone knows by now that :bmw: won't be there. I'm not sure why you think it is necessary to :stir: when I'm just trying to be helpful in getting a group together for a ride. I am looking forward to meeting riders for breakfast and riding together to the show. BMW has never sent me a loyalty check for being a loyal customer & probably never will. I am looking forward to going to look at everything at the show & re-up my BMWMOA membership & buy a few tickets to there Superbike Superstakes. BTW Rich are you still working for BMW Motorcycles of Charlotte ?. I am planning on getting by soon to see Mark's new store. From what I here It's awesome.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I'm putting together a group from here at the beach. Tenatively we're going to ride up to somewhere around Clinton Friday evening then get to the show early on Saturday morning. Hope to see you guys at the show.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts