BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a brief search here on poor radio reception and finding some suggestions, I went out to the garage and did a little investigating. Found a fair amount of corrosion in the antenna mount and on the little aluminum cap/spring apperatus connecting the antenna and the cable. After the last couple of years of poor reception on both bikes, I had come to the conclusion that the BMW radio reception was basically junk. I was wwwwrrrrrooo.....wro....wrong. I am now rather impressed. I knew there was a problem inside as just touching the cable plug with my finger brought up way more signal than I had even hoped for. I don't know how long the cleanout will last. The spring thing does seem rather cheesy.

Many thanks to those that have come before me with the fixes for sooo many things on these bike. I truly appreciate the help. :wave

·
Registered
19 Posts
AFTER fixing my starter relay, changing plugs and filters, and replacing my right electronic cluster...........................I will give this a try! Thanks! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts