BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Some of you that have been on here for a long time may remember my post and request for prayer and information about five years ago when my youngest daughter Erika was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer.

Yesterday, MD Anderson declared her 100% cancer free. You can imagine the tears and celebration that followed. This was two days after we had a huge family reunion in the Texas Hill Country with attendee's coming from as far as Germany. I am one blessed guy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Wolfgang said:
Some of you that have been on here for a long time may remember my post and request for prayer and information about five years ago when my youngest daughter Erika was diagnosed with a rare and incurable cancer.

Yesterday, MD Anderson declared her 100% cancer free. You can imagine the tears and celebration that followed. This was two days after we had a huge family reunion in the Texas Hill Country with attendee's coming from as far as Germany. I am one blessed guy :)
Hurrah for Erika. Incurable, indeed?!! :p :p ;) Way to go, MD A.

I gotta agree with ya, Wolfgang - you and the whole gang in the pic are really blessed. And a bunch of us at the last RTE were blessed to meet your family from Germany. That turned out indeed to be a special RTE!

Truly glad you are in our community, Wolfgang. And to think that in my case, it goes all the way back to Simply Southern, my bro's restaurant in GA!! Small world. Guess I owe some thanks to BMW, too?!!!

BTW - where were you all in the Hill Country? I know you visited the Serengeti Resort near here last year - not the same place this time, right?? Good looking group in the pic, wherever it were!!!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Yay to ya'll. I would say thanks to God but Andy would close this thread. ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
That is indeed great news Wolfgang, I am happy for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Great news, Wolfgang. Great family picture. Truly a blessed family. It was great to meet your brother & his wife at the RTE, couldn't have picked a better time for MD A. to make their announcement. I'm glad for Erika, her Papa, and the whole family. Glad you're part of this forum and we get to share in your joy. :wave

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dick BTW - where were you all in the Hill Country? This is were we were: [url said:
http://www.vrbo.com/312592[/url]

Quiet a place, actually even nicer than it looks on line. We all voted to go back next year.

·
Registered
783 Posts
That's wonderful. Congratulations to you, your daughter and your whole family. I'm sure you've gone through some hard times.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ibbones said:
Its a language thing...

Ceiling cat is just another term for God. :histerica As far as I am concerned, I am grateful to the higher power - whatever you like to call it - for blessing me with a great family and now with good health for all of them.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
ibbones said:
Andy doesn't mind Wolfgang or any of us expressing our joy or gratitude. Our beliefs guide how we do that. What he's trying to prevent is the Bible, Torah, Quran, Atheist Manifesto, etc. thumping that causes strife. Express yourself! It's not an issue. Share the joy of Wolfgang's news. :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Wolfgang, fantastic news for Erika, you and your family.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Wonderful news, Wolfgang. Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations and continued good health to all.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Never under estimate the power of prayer.

Praise God for providing the skilled doctors.

Congratulations is not nearly a strong enough word.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and your loved ones.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Wolfgang,

I'm so glad to hear the great news and so happy for you and your family. It has always amazed how the mind has the ability to fix what modern medicine can't and how positive thoughts can relieve pain.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yeah!!!! :wave

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
bmwrider79 said:
Congratulations is not nearly a strong enough word.
Cheers!
+1
Just know we are very happy for you and your family Wolfgang! :)

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
This is great news Wolfgang! and I am sure even Andy would agree that it is OK to give Thanks to some higher power for the blessing. Even if it is ceiling cat! :)

John

1 - 20 of 30 Posts