BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave Hi Guys! Do you have any idea where I can find and purchase a Gray Leather for my K1200LT? Thanks!

·
Registered
577 Posts
jacket or just some skin????

give these people a try. www.alaskaleather.com Or maybe even look in the Yellow pages for a leather shop in a city near you

·
Registered
719 Posts
speedfreak said:
:wave Hi Guys! Do you have any idea where I can find and purchase a Gray Leather for my K1200LT? Thanks!
good luck..ive been looking for a grey leather vest for 2 years

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
A gray leather what? If you mean seat, they are actually gray vinyl, not leather. I would search eBay or similar site for the aftermarket, or a dealer could get you new ones.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a Hein Gericke jacket, lighter weight, fully vented in new condition, a beautiful, grey.
Fits a men small or ladies medium--if anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
A gray leather what? If you mean seat, they are actually gray vinyl, not leather. I would search eBay or similar site for the aftermarket, or a dealer could get you new ones.
Any good upholstery shop should be able to match it (seat) quite close if not a perfect match... It may take a few stabs at it as dye lots are subtly different. While my seat was black and a Corbin, I was able to match OEM easily and not pay Corbin the $400+ to do the job... Oh, and if you are ever in Southern California...get it done down there! The sweat shops do a great job!! :D :D on the cheap!

(Yes, I am a cheap bastard)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply Tobiwan! What I mean is the upholstery gray leather for the K1200LT. It's not easy or next to impossible to purchase the original color and texture here in the Philippines.
RIDE SAFE!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply Lenny! What I mean is the upholstery gray leather for the K1200LT. It's not easy or next to impossible to purchase the original color and texture here in the Philippines.
RIDE SAFE!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks DavidTaylor for the correction, I thought it was a leather. I''ll do and search the eBay for the gray vinyl for the LT.
RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The gray leather custom Rick Mayer saddle on my 2005 LT. Perfect match to the original color.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry I did not even notice your location. Still I do think that any of the after market Seat makers would be willing to help a fellow bike rider. You have the pattern of what you want to recover and there you go. A beautiful bike and a very happy rider.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
speedfreak said:
Thanks DavidTaylor for the correction, I thought it was a leather. I''ll do and search the eBay for the gray vinyl for the LT.
RIDE SAFE!
Don't waste your time looking on the Internet or E-bay....

Without going to a commercial supply house and physically looking at samples in bright daylight you will NEVER find a match. Gray is just about impossible.

I spent an hour one day looking through hundreds of gray vinyl samples - and the closest I came were some old Toyota and Lincoln vinyls which were close... but not correct. They were also stunningly expensive since they were "old stock".

The OEM vinyl is most likely only available in Europe and probably manufactured there too. It is EXCELLENT quality. I do know that one of the German aftermarket manufacturers WAS able to find it... but I can guarantee you that BMW would not have been of any help. They guard ALL of their OEM wholesale sources like wolves. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts