BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a had way too much time on my hands since the weather turned cold and have been dreamin' up some new threads for the LT. What do you all think of this for a new paint job on my ride? Over the top?

Show off some of your ideas for a dream paint scheme...it's winter, what else can we do? May the farkles be with us!

>K

 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
K-daug said:
What do you all think of this for a new paint job on my ride?
Looks good, but you've got to do the top-box also, for an 'integrated look'.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,827 Posts
K-daug,

I like the graphics, I like the top box left original color (nice contrast), and I like the color behind the graphics. Good work!
 

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hschisler said:
K-daug,

I like the graphics, I like the top box left original color (nice contrast), and I like the color behind the graphics. Good work!
It does appear longer an leaner without the top box color, but I also like the integrated look too....

>K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,492 Posts
K-daug said:
I see what you mean...good eye! Thanks.
Ecellent, . . . now just a co-ordinated 'belly spoiler' (bottom bit of tupaware round engine) ? ? ?
 

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Woolly said:
Ecellent, . . . now just a co-ordinated 'belly spoiler' (bottom bit of tupaware round engine) ? ? ?
Hhmmm...like this? dunno, maybe...a lot of change to the grey, maybe just chage the star the match the rest? What to you guys think?

>K

 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
To bad it take so long to do the real thing.

Nice JOB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
K-Daug,
That is a SWEET looking bike! I'd like to do something like that!
Hip
 

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the thumbs up guys...but, I've given it some more thought and I've decided not to go ahead with this paint project. I bought this bike get back into riding, not for show. I think I would be overly cautious with a paint job like that and maybe miss the point. I'll save the paint idea for when I can afford a second "part-time" bike...maybe a Harley. (did I say the H word?)

>K
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
K-daug said:
Thanks for the thumbs up guys...but, I've given it some more thought and I've decided not to go ahead with this paint project. I bought this bike get back into riding, not for show. I think I would be overly cautious with a paint job like that and maybe miss the point. I'll save the paint idea for when I can afford a second "part-time" bike...maybe a Harley. (did I say the H word?)>K
That is great how about one in Blue, less the Dallas Cowboys Star?

It really is a supper looking job. I may steal it if you mock it up in Blue.
 

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure I'll adjust it to blue for ya...would that be Biarritz Blue?

>K
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
K-daug said:
Sure I'll adjust it to blue for ya...would that be Biarritz Blue?

>K
Sure would be, and many thanks.

Have any painters in mind who could accomplish that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
I like the entire thing...trunk painted or not........I think you should do it!
2 thumbs up!!

Pat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Looks good

Nice looking bike there, nice to see what other minds can come up with this style of bike. BTW, does anyone have any links to companies that have examples of graphics to cover up "indiscretions" on the pannier lids? You know, when she has a lie down and hits the gutter and chips the paint? :stir:

TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
How about a wrap? It's amazing what those guys can do and if you don't like it you can peel it all off. I thought about it myself but being this bike is only 3 days old to me I may wait a while before doing anything to it other than just some comfort and lighting stuff.
Dallas cowboy star..... that is great! Can I get one in Tampa Bay Bucs colors!! LOL! Great concept K-Daug!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Great graphics ... what software are you using to do it with ?
 

·
Mister Moto
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Colyn said:
Great graphics ... what software are you using to do it with ?

Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop

>K
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top