BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that I have to make another trip up to Hillsboro for work. We're still sorting out dates, but it will be either the last week of October or the first week of November.

That means I get to come to the Rose City Grand Tour Awards Banquet. :D

I figure I might as well go, since I did manage to get to every checkpoint over some 12K miles. Anyone else interested in going?

On another note, any problems with coming up I-5 around Halloween? I figure it's sure to get cold, and probably wet too, but hopefully I won't see snow in the passes this early.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Banquet Dinner

That is great news Ken. We signed up for the dinner and are planning to ride if my shoulder is not giving me too much trouble. I'm hoping to hold off surgery until the first of the year. Let's hook up for a ride while you're here.

The weather should be ok over the Siskiyou summit. The weather is always better on the coast this time of year (up to about Florence anyway, then cut over to Eugene) if things change for the worse.

It will be good to see you again. Be sure to call when you hit town.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great that you are coming back up this way. Marcia and will be joining everyone next year for Grand Tour stuff but did not participate this year.

Maybe while you are here we can do a rainy day ride and compare headlights.

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I should have Saturday the 29th free, up until the banquet starts around 6 p.m. I'll also have Sunday the 30th free.

The two possibilities are a ride with the locals, or maybe a mini tech session up in Washington. Maybe a ride on Saturday, and heading north on Sunday?

I still haven't decided if I want to wander on the way up, or just IronButt it. I'll probably check weather as we get closer and decide then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts