BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I will be visiting my friend who lives in Kalamazoo MI and i thought while I was there I would get my annual service done at Grand Rapids BMW.

Can any one tell me if they are good dealership, yes go there for service, no stay away etc.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
256 Posts
They are very friendly and have always done right by me.

It's busy season now, a lot of bikes coming out for their first spring outings. Call ahead and make an appointment, don't just show up. ;)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I'll second that, I've been there a few times and they've treated me very well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good people, I've always left there happy. It's a small dealership and very busy. As stated be sure to have an appointment. Time your visit right & they might even feed you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great Guy's they do good work. They are having a track day on May 5th I signed up sound like great fun and a learning experience.

Rodger

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got back from BMW of GR, just had my 600 mi service done at 900miles. As stated above they are a good bunch of guys working there. And agree with making an appointment first.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
As stated, they're great guys who'l bend over backwards to help you. But, also as stated, make an appointment.

If you're down on Lake Street stop in at Life Cycle and say hey. You can ogle the latest Triumph, Ducati, and KTM (except the sport bike and ATV) offerings. If Tarkus is there, so am I.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Bought my 2005 LT new from BMW in GR. Blane has a good group of people there -- both up front and in service. I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I can't say about there service ,as I do my owen . But I got my K1200LT from Blane , & they are friendly . I had a problem with my bike , & one of there mechanics gave me a few pointers on how to fix it . I go over there 2-3 times a year , to get parts & look around .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Another positive comment for BMW of Grand Rapids, MI !
I just bought a new LT from Michael in early February, and got a great deal. I wasnt able to take delivery until a couple weeks ago so they held my bike until I was ready. (was having the garage doors replaced) They delivered the bike for free(!) and I live two hours away! My wife and I just visited them this past Thusday and got great service in the parts department from Andy, and expert assistance from Jim with all the riding gear choices for my wife and I. Walked out feeling good about the whole deal. Since its hard for us to get there due to our jobs and distance, they even stayed open late to accommodate our needs! Never felt rushed.
I am sure that the service in the back is top notch too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had great service from the shop, and been treated very well. A call ahead for an appointment would be mandatory this time of year. They are big believers in "long" test rides! dwillie.

·
Registered
297 Posts
dwillie said:
They are big believers in "long" test rides! dwillie.
Reminds me of the time I hobbled in there when I was looking at the LT for my next bike. It was December 2006, I was still on crutches with my leg in a cast from being hit the previous summer on my old Honda. I was encouraged to come back as soon as I could ride, whether it was the next spring or just a dry day in February and I'd be able to take an LT out for a test ride as long as I wanted, just bring it back before closing time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts