BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sought a rack for my K1200LT and got lucky when another Aussie member had a spudrack that he sold me and is even delivering it. Now I would like to get a grab rail similar (or same) as the one that A & S Cycles have for around $93.00. Any and all leads will be welcomed.
One thing I notice with all these racks is slots all go lengthways but if you wanted to tie a bag on would they not be better if they went across the rack?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Spudrack, grab rail? Am I the only one lost in translation? Over 50 hits on this thread and everyone understands what's being asked? Usually I'm pretty good at deriving meaning from local vernacular.

Jer

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have seen a chicken rack

·
Registered
290 Posts
A Spudrack is used to carry potatoes to market. It's made in Ireland.

·
Registered
375 Posts
A grab rail you can make it your self for a few bucks. Buy a 1/2" round Aluminum bar. Bend it in lenght and hight as you need or like, drill a 6,5 mm hole in your bend end and thread it with metric M8 (8mm). Check the distance between the holes and drill two 8,5 mm holes in the same distance in to the rack on any position as you like it. Fix the rail with two 8 mm screws to the rack. If you dont like to work with metric sizes covert it to inch 25,4 mm = 1 "

Manfred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts