BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it is a purple/black. There is one in the radio controller loom and it must appear on one of the three plugs front left of the stingray.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
Those look like connectors for your intercom. Rule of electric on the LT. Red is usually hot all the time, Green with a blue or red trace is (or just green) is usually switched power (hot with key on). Brown is ground. Look to those connectors to the left of your hand and find the Green/blue wire as that is the switched power feed to the radio.

·
Registered
258 Posts
. Look to those connectors to the left of your hand and find the Green/blue wire as that is the switched power feed to the radio.
The switched live is purple/black according to the diagram and also my 2004 bike... that is live in accessory and ignition positions. The geen/blue I haven't looked up yet, but may be ignition live only. Either would do you of course.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
According to the BMW factory wiring diagram that wire is red (pin 8) and hot all the time on the face lift bike. It is a violet black on the pre-face lift diagram. I think all of the Clymer diagrams are pre face lift.

·
Registered
258 Posts
According to the BMW factory wiring diagram that wire is red (pin 8) and hot all the time on the face lift bike. It is a violet black on the pre-face lift diagram. I think all of the Clymer diagrams are pre face lift.
Both diagrams are in the Clymer and have the same colours. They think that the facelift was 2006 though. Mine is a 2004 but is a facelift model. I am taking the stingray off again Monday so will be able to show the actual wiring loom, plugs and colours.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Had a few issues today so no photos. However both of the feeds are on one of the three connectors under the stingray front, along with ground and permanent live.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to remove old radio and made all my connections inside stingray glove box. I connected to radio red and brown and seems to be working. Thanks again for the replies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts