BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a few months back in the gps section and did not get a response.

I currently have the BMW Motorrad Navigator III GPS which has the cable hard wired to the bike.

I would like to have the IV version since it adds MP3 player and I assume other nice features to the GPS.

Can anyone confirm what is necessary for the hardwire power?

It seems that the IV uses a different plug than the III version.

Thanks

Paul

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
pauleknight said:
I posted this a few months back in the gps section and did not get a response.

I currently have the BMW Motorrad Navigator III GPS which has the cable hard wired to the bike.

I would like to have the IV version since it adds MP3 player and I assume other nice features to the GPS.

Can anyone confirm what is necessary for the hardwire power?

It seems that the IV uses a different plug than the III version.

Thanks

Paul
You'll have to rewire your bike with a new power wire, The NAV IV is NOT compatible with the Voice II or the LT's Radio.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted Shred said:
You'll have to rewire your bike with a new power wire, The NAV IV is NOT compatible with the Voice II or the LT's Radio.
I understand that the NAV IV is not Voice II or the LT's Radio compatible. I am currently not using ether the Voice of Radio. I use the Bluetooth when I need to hear the GPS directions.

I was more concerned with the electrical connection?

The data on the website says that it comes with the electrical connection for pre wired LTs

do you know what the facts are?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
63 Posts
The IV is not pre-wired for the LT....it uses CanBus plug connection found on the GT and other bikes. Having said that it wasn't difficult to hard wire in, just look for the option of switched or un-switched connection, ( ie ignition switched). I opted to go for an ignition switched terminal. Cut the factory fitted plug off, identify the +ve and -ve terminals and wire them in to a convenient point in the wiring loom.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
pauleknight said:
I understand that the NAV IV is not Voice II or the LT's Radio compatible. I am currently not using ether the Voice of Radio. I use the Bluetooth when I need to hear the GPS directions.

I was more concerned with the electrical connection?

The data on the website says that it comes with the electrical connection for pre wired LTs

do you know what the facts are?

Thanks

Paul
You'll have to find a power source and wire in the power cord for the Nav IV. If your bike has the pre-wire then I'd trace that back and remove the old stuff and just use the source that the NAV III was connected too. Easy job just requires some tupperware removal.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts